Sunday, October 28, 2012

The God of Angel Armies...


Yesterday I went to church without my husband, who is on sabbatical.  And there was a little bit of fear in my heart.  I’m alone, what if someone asks about him?   The circumstances around his sabbatical are raw.
I thought about dropping the kids at kids church and hiding in his office, playing Words With Friends,, but I didn’t. I’m a good Christian. I’m a good pastor’s wife. So I went into the church and sat down next to my cousin and her family.  My other best friends soon sat next to me on the other side.  I had friends in front of me, that I texted during the service in the same way I would usually whisper to Kumar.  And behind me was another set of cousins (How many cousins do I have. I’m Indian, we’re all cousins).  I felt like I had an army of angels around me, surrounding me with strength, giving me a big hug.  The sermon ended up being one that I appreciated. I felt God speaking to me, like he often does, even when I don’t know or don’t want to listen.  He’s got my back.  

I know who stands before me, I know who stands behind, the God of angel armies is always by my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment